Shooting With Ali Hussain


Hey guys...

So I wanted to start sharing my styling work with you more. It's crazy I never really did it to much before seeing that this is a blog about my life in fashion. (smh!) I know I know but better late then never.(lol) I just kind of had a creative block and took some time off from styling :( but I'm pretty much back now!




Nevertheless I was contacted by a friend of mine looking for a fill in stylist for a test shoot, which I kind of don't like doing to much anymore but I thought to myself why not since I haven't shot in so long! The shoot was with a fairly new photographer by the name of Ali Hussain ( www.givemeamilk.tumblr.com ) his photography is pretty amazing. The shoot was held in an amazing studio which I forgot the name of (sorry) but they supplied me with everything I needed which was great. The studio also had a roof top which looked over Brooklyn!




The concept of the shoot was really light and commercial something a little different from what I wanna do but I do like my portfolio to have a few commercial images in it as well. With the concept I tried to keep it around Coachella because I can still keep it commercial but still kind of cute and fashionable (lol) plus it will be easy to pull a few looks together seeing that I haven't started a style closet yet since I moved here. I pulled a few looks together from thrifting, H&M, Forever 21, and american appeal and also few pieces I had left over from some shoots. Our Model for the shoot was a new face from Wilhelmina by the name of Adriana Mora and the hair/makeup artist was Asha Smith (www.facesbyasha.com). take a look at the images from the shoot.









I have a tone of shoots lined up mens and women's so stay tuned . I'm excited to be back shooting can't wait to share more with you all.


Photographer: Ali Hussian ( www.givemeamilk.tumblr.com )
Model: Adriana Mora ( Wilhelmina models)
Stylist: Askia Abdull 
mua/hair: Asha Smith ( www.facesbyasha.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment