AFRO PUNK FEST 2013



I felt as if I was on set of the Poetic Justice movie!! I haven't been to a big festival like this since I left California as a Teenager. My first year at Afro Punk which was held in the Commodore Barry Park in Brooklyn ( I love brooklyn ). For some reason I always forget I have a camera in my hand or in my bag so I can snap images for you guys on my blog so you kind of miss the good moments but I still some how get a few for you. Actually never been in a park let alone just a place full of fashionable African Americans and they are just having fun. I loved every moment of it.





There were 3 stages on each side of the park playing all kinds of music. I started out of the 90s throw back side of the park (I love the 90s) with Prince, Montelle Jordan, Will Smith, and Kid & Play. It was like I was back in Cali again at a big house party or block party minus the food. Everybody was dancing and have fun like moments you have in the mirror or shower. Afro Punk was the place to be.









The park was full of fashion left and right print on prints, color blocking, summer time looks like denim shorts with designs, rips and other fashionable pieces like sheer pants and dresses, maxi dress, lace everything you can think of for summer and spring and even a little pre-fall people were wearing. This was definitely the end of summer festival for New York City.



Moving along to the next side of the park where Theophlius London was performing. I always lowkey love to see what he wears for some reason. I like his style but I love how they style him in photoshoots. He's more of a simple brand kid in person. The Brooklyn native performed most of his new hit's from his new album VIBEZZ.  I also heard a little remake of Rihanna "JUMP" so who knows she may be on the album as well.


London wore a leather bucket hat , black on button blazer and black & white ribbed zipped Saint Laurent biker pants and black & yellow 4s Jordan.



I also had to get a picture of the guy playing guitar beceause I loveeeed his hat. You guys know I'm a hat person.


John Woody and Rashad Benton of MaleCritique.com
check them out.








Just a few random pictures I took of people.






" WHAT I WORE "
FRINGE VINTAGE VEST
DOLCE & GABBANA TSHIRT
RIPPED LEVI JEANS
VINTAGE MESSAGER BAG
LOW ANKLE COW BOW BOOTS

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I'd love to attend something like this with like minde souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I've never heard of this event before and I live in nyc lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there on Sunday! I keep missing u lol

    ReplyDelete