Askia Takes On New York: PORTFOLIO REVIEWS & POPUP SHOPS




A day I honestly didn't want to start thanks to this rain New York's been haveing, but I started my day by going to one of my friends by the name of Jessica Adams Portfolio Review held at Art Institute of New York where she attends. I also met an Nigerian designer by the name of Somtochukwu Nwandu I was in love with her collection because it wasn't the normal "I'm going to make my whole collection african prints. " She was inspired by just different bodies of water in Nigeria and Nigerian glass maker.


So Nwandu
designer
Sonwandu@yahoo.com

Jessica Adams
Fashion Merchandising & Marketing
Jessicaadams@yahoo.com


Later after I attend Kendrick Daye Art Popup Shop which I was excited to see cause it was a friend I met in atlanta a few years back and I LOVE his art work. ( I always get excited when I run into friends when I'm in another state.) The event was amazing it showed cased a lot of his art work of different shapes, colors and celebrities like Rihanna, Beyonce, and even NeNe Lakes. There where a few performances by rapper Jay Boogie and Jungle Pop artist Moxiie.






Me & The Artist himself Kendrick Daye (GREAT eclectic)
for sales and more info links blow






Amazing performance by
Moxiie Jungle Pop artist
MOXIIEMUSIC.COM
from left to right:
Stylist / journalist John Woody
Designer Phillip Michael
Artist/ Illustrator Timothy Eugene



 I also Met few other artist like Timothy Eugene and designer Phillip Michael and few other singers and photographers. I ended my night at an amazing Pasta Restaurant called Vapiano over on 113 University pl NY location.


Todays outfit I wore my wide brim black hat which I'm in love with and a leather jacket a pieced with a denim bleached vest and a " The Beatles are coming " T-shirt and plaid navy blue and black zipper detailed pants and suede creepers.


OUTFIT DETAILS:

WIDE BRIM HAT - HORSETOWN.COM
DENIM BLEACHED VEST
LEATHER BIKER JACKET - THRIFTED
THE BEATLES T-SHIRT - www.hottopic.com/Tees
CREEPERS

No comments:

Post a Comment